Dover Middle School Campus
Kent Construction was awarded the Carpentry + General Works package on Kent County's first campus project! This massive 238,669 SF campus was built in place of the former Dover High School.
Some features of this project that made it unique:
- State of the art auditorium and back of house spaces including auditorium seating, wooden stage floor, curtain rigging system, dance studio and sound proof instrument practice rooms.
- Two stunning "Monumental Stairs" that flank the schools - made of reclaimed white oak shipped from Oregon.
- Gymnasium completed with wooden floors, custom painted logos and lines, telescoping bleachers, wrestling mat lift system, basketball equipment, volleyball equipment, electronic scoreboards and shot clock.
- The sheer volume of furnshings to be installed was unique as it required installation of 1,500 lockers, 500 doors, over 100 visual display boards, 2 elevators and over 40 fire extinguishers.
- Specialty products were installed to encourage diverse range of education opportunities including medical instruction stations, a kiln, a greenhouse and a book theft detection system